Jennifer L. Derwin
Jennifer has been counsel at Byrne & Nixon LLP for more than ten years representing individual and corporate clients in all phases of criminal investigations and prosecutions in federal and state courts, as well as before administrative agencies in parallel proceedings.
Prior to joining Byrne & Nixon LLP, Jennifer was an associate in the litigation department of Paul, Hastings, Janofsky and Walker, LLP, in its Los Angeles office, specializing in the area of complex civil litigation. Jennifer has represented clients in a variety of commercial litigation matters involving breach of contract, real estate disputes, antitrust, unfair competition and business torts. Jennifer has experience dealing with privilege and confidentiality issues that may arise when responding to a subpoena in a civil or criminal matter.
Jennifer graduated magna cum laude from Pepperdine University in 1997 with a B.A. degree in Political Science. She received her Juris Doctor degree, Order of the Coif, from University of California, Davis, School of Law in 2002, where she was a member of the National Moot Court Team and the Moot Court Board.
Jennifer is a member of the California Bar.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense – Federal and State
- Internal Investigations
- Complex Business and Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Grand Jury Investigations – Federal and State
- University of California, Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: National Moot Court Team, Member
- Honors: Moot Court Board, Member
- Pepperdine University
- A. magna cum laude– 1997
- Major: Political Science
Past Employment Positions
- Paul, Hastings, Janofsky and Walker, LLP, Associate